Get more CREATIVE into your life!
(re)fabulous sewing 101 & 102 classes are a fun way to get your hands and your ideas working together. We promise you will laugh and be creative, and you may wonder why you waited so long to learn to sew.
Sewing 101: Beginning Sewing
Class Cost $150
click here for more on our Sewing 102 classes: Working with a Pattern
click here for more on our for intermediate/advanced classes see
Monday Evening April 9 – 23 6- 8:30 pm
3 Monday evenings in a row in a row
Saturday Morning March 24 – April 7 10:30 – 1pm
3 Saturday Mornings in row
Teen & Adult mix class.
you will learn in Sewing 101:
- use a sewing machine
- trouble-shoot simple machine issues (that happen all the time)
- make a variety of finish seams
- sew a buttonhole and button
- make and use a simple pattern
- fabric facts
- the mysteries of thread choice
- the ‘what’ and ‘why’ of sewing supplies
- repurposing tips and more
After three weeks you will go home knowing your way around the sewing machine, with a simple market bag you designed in hand and ready for Sewing 102: Working with a Pattern.
Sewing 101 classes includes a 6 hour punch card to get you in the habit of sewing and thinking about making what you long for!
What you need for the Adult Sewing 101 class:
Much of what you need for this class is already in the studio. We have machines and all the sewing tools you will need, HOWEVER if you have a sewing machine you would like to learn to use, please feel free to bring it with you. If you do, please bring everything you got with it: sewing feet, all the plugs and cords and the instruction book.
Repurposing is a huge part of what I do at (re)fabulous and it is my hope to show you that there is unused fabric everywhere in your life. To that end I have lots of repurposed fabric in here in the studio, most of which is free to Sewing 101 students.
Here is what we are going to be doing in Sewing 101:
- Week 1: how to use the machine — we will learn to use the basics of the sewing machine and do some practice stitching that is both functional and fun. Next we will learn a few finish stitches (these are the things on the inside of your clothes).
- Week 2: We will use the stitches we learned to make a simple market bag. If you bring your own fabric you will need 1 yard of cotton or cotton blend – no stretch, please.
- Week 3: We will finish the bag. You will go home as “one who sews”.